The Brantford Sports Council was established in March 2005, after an initiative by the Sport Alliance of Ontario to have community sport councils as representative bodies throughout the province. The purpose of the organization is to improve the delivery of sports in our community.
Mission & Vision:
The objective of the Brantford Sports Council is to advocate for local sports organizations, and promote sport tourism in our community.
The goals of the Brantford Sports Council are:
- Promote the availability and benefit of sports
- Advocate for equitable sport opportunities and facility development
- Provide opportunities for integrated program development
- Work towards communication and cooperation among individuals, organizations, and sectors
- Identify alternative sources of funding
- Celebrate sport achievements and the value of volunteers
- Work toward maximizing resources, while eliminating duplication
- Continue to work with Tourism and Parks and Recreation on sports related issues
- Undertake an ongoing review relating to municipal venues in conjunction with our members
For more information about the Brantford Sports Council and their offerings, please visit their website or contact Bob Coyne.